Today is another one of those wonderful days where I don't have much to write about. Hunter is doing very well again today.
Hunter's weight as of last night is up to 3 lbs and 4 oz. He's getting bigger every day. His nurse tonight is seeing him for the first time. When I spoke with her over the phone she said that she was expecting a tiny little baby and was pleasantly surprised to see how "big" Hunter is.
We are still working on getting off of the ventilator. It doesn't sound like there are any plans to come of the ventilator any time soon. It sounds like they will be leaving him on the machine until they stop getting fluid out of his lungs. They couldn't give me any idea of when that would be. I try not to ask questions like that because I don't want to give the impression that I am being impatient. I used to ask more often, but the doctors would usually repeat the same answer, "when he's ready."
He had his echo yesterday for the heart murmur, they didn't find a PDA... again. Hunter's daytime nurse passed the news on to the nighttime nurse that they did find something odd, but its nothing to be concerned about. I'll bet what they found is the left superior vena cava that they found the last time they did it.
What's is this left superior vena cava, you ask? Here's a definition from pediaheart.org
A persistent left superior vena cava is the most common form of anomalous venous drainage involving the superior vena cava and represents persistence of the left horn of the embryonic sinus venosus, which normally involutes during normal development to become the coronary sinus. Almost always, a persistent left superior vena cava enters the right atrium through the orifice of an enlarged coronary sinus. To this extent, therefore, the lesion is considered to be an anomaly of the coronary sinus.Very interesting.
Everybody at home is getting over the cold now, except for myself. I think by tomorrow Mommy will be able to go to the hospital and we'll be able to post pictures again. I know I'm very excited about that, I bet in these few days that we've missed he's grown up so much.
0 comments:
Post a Comment