Sunday, January 6, 2008

Caity's first post

Hi everyone, it's Caity. Bobby has decided since I was the one who got to speak to the Dr. today that I should be the one to post the blog.

Today Hunter is 3 weeks old. It's hard to believe that it's been 3 weeks already and how much Hunter has been through and all that we've learned. It's really amazing watching him grow right before your eyes. You look at him and you realize he's tiny compared to a full-term baby, but at the same time he doesn't really seem that small. I love my little man and I'm proud of the accomplishments he has made in these 3 weeks. He truly is amazing!

Luckily today is another good day for Hunter. He is still on the oscillator and his numbers are low on it. When we were there earlier he was at 30% oxygen , which is good! He is getting 3cc's of mommy milk every 3 hours, and he is also still getting his lipids (fats). His blood gases are also doing good today, the Dr. said that she was very happy with how her week with him ended. Also, the Dr. said that the PIE doesn't look like it's coming back on his X-Ray! That PIE can stay away as far as I'm concerned! So, overall today was a pretty laid back day for Hunter, which is exactly what he needs.

Oh! One more thing I wanted to mention, I asked the Dr. today when we will be able to hold Hunter. She said that he definitely has to be off the oscillator before we can. He either has to be on the conventional vent or CPAP. If he goes to the conventional vent and it looks like he'll be going to CPAP soon after then when he gets to the CPAP we will be able to then. If he goes to the conventional vent and it looks like he'll be there for a few weeks then we will be able to while he is still on the conventional vent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three weeks old WOW!!! Even cooler is that you will be able to hold him soon. He will love that!
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Go Caitlin - go Bob - keep on doing what you are doing and Hunter will keep up his end and it will happen sooner than you can imagine - we are praying for you - Love and Hugs to you all -
Ann in VA

Anonymous said...

Happy 3 week Birthday little guy! I am so happy you have had a good day today! Keep growing and we will all pray that tomorrow you have another good day! One day at a time, we all know you are telling us to be patient and keep praying.

Great to see Mommy's Good News Post today! Go Caitlin!
Love you all,
Mom (Mary Ann)