Sunday, January 20, 2008

Holding Hunter

After anxiously waiting for a month, the day that I would be able to hold Hunter finally arrived. It was a very wonderful experience. Even though I had held Alyssa & Gavin as babies, holding Hunter was a whole new encounter. When you look at him while he is in the incubator, he looks big. Not huge by any means, but big enough to look like he is running out of space in there. When you hold him though, you really realize how tiny & lightweight he really is.

On other news, he is up to 26ml on his feedings. He has been on a steady increase for the last week. The doctor has also mentioned eliminating his TPN and eventually removing his PICC line. Even when they stop his TPN they will keep the PICC line in for a little while in case they would need it again. They usually will run just a sugar solution through it for a couple days to keep it open.

All in all Hunter has had a pretty good week. The doctor that he had this week made it her mission to get him caught up to where she thought he should be at this point and he was more than willing to cooperate. I just hope that things continue to progress forward for him. He is a strong little man.

3 comments:

Bobby said...

Hooray for Mommy!

I can't wait until I get to hold him, too.

-Daddy (Bobby)

Anonymous said...

What A Great Day!
love jennifer

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this was a very special moment for everyone! He has worked so hard and I'm glad his doctor was able to achieve her goals!

I heard that today Daddy was able to hold his little guy, can't wait to see those pictures too!

Love to all,
Mom (Mary Ann)