When we went to visit Hunter today we noticed that they had put him on blankets covered with the logo for the Indianapolis Colts. Mommy was very quick to point it out, as she is very tired of hearing about them all the time. I guess that little Hunter wanted to pick a little bit at Mommy and remind us that even though he's in the hospital he can still make Mommy growl.
Hunter still hasn't been having many changes. His feedings have finally begun increasing again, he's now getting 32 ml. He is also gaining weight again. After a few days of small decreases he is back slightly above his old weight at 3 lbs 11.5 oz.
We got to spend some time talking to Nurse today, she says that she very soon expects the doctors to say they can begin the bottle whenever they think he's ready. Today's nurse told us that if it were up to her she would wait a while longer, about a week. She made a very good point when she said that "he's not even supposed to be out yet." She is admittedly conservative though, I think some of his other nurses might push to try it a bit sooner.
With all of the excitement of coming off of CPAP I think I forgot to write that they are no longer doing regular blood tests on Hunter. At one point they were doing at least 4 a day, then they dropped down to one per shift, then one per day, and now - none. I'm sure Hunter is happy about that, his little foot has done it's fair share of bleeding by now. Hunter is supposed to be getting one more blood transfusion in a few days, Nurse says it's likely to be his last one.
Saturday, January 26, 2008
Hunter Likes the Colts
Posted by Bobby at 10:50 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment