Hunter seems much healthier today. He is still on CPAP and he is still in his isolette, but he seems very comfortable. They still haven't found any infections, Doctor is betting that Hunter just wore himself out. It sounds like they are going to leave him on CPAP for a few more days before trying to take it off again.
There aren't many changes. Because of his move back to CPAP they haven't increased the amount of food that they give him and they can't add any more calories. They did give him that blood transfusion they had been talking about. They had to take an awful lot of blood to do the blood culture and the complete blood test. I think that's the only reason they had to do the transfusion. The tests before that showed that he has been producing enough on his own to stay healthy. Either way though, he seems a lot happier now that he has richer blood.
I don't think Hunter likes being on the CPAP at all. Today while we were visiting he grabbed onto it and pulled it right off - his velcro mustache and all. I noticed his oxygen saturation going way down so I went to check on him and he had moved the whole thing from under his nose up onto the bridge of his nose. He's a strong little boy.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Hunter's Quick Recovery
Posted by Bobby at 10:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Bob & Caitlyn I've been following Hunter's progress since day 1 & am so happy to see him doing so well. I'm sure Mary Ann told you that my triplets were born at 26 weeks & went through everything Hunter has gone thru & then some. Hang in there, I can promise you it will all be worth it in the end. Keep the faith and we'll keep praying & sending good & loving thoughts to that precious little boy & his family. Caitlyn, I remember the day your Mom brought YOU home from the hospital. You were a tiny little bundle of joy & so loved! Love you all! Cathy in NJ (Mary Ann's friend from Bound Brook)!
I really want to know how hunter is doing! I'm going through hunter blog withdrawl!
jennifer
Post a Comment