Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Almost Done with CPAP?

Good news. It sounds like Hunter will be coming off of CPAP soon. He's been making good progress while on it. His oxygen has stayed in a good range and they've been able to turn the CPAP down to a point where it's ready to come off. Today we got to talk to his respiratory therapist, she said that they usually don't turn it down any further than he is right now. The word on the street is that they may try to pull it off on Friday.

He has been creeping his feedings up a few ml every day and today he finally hit 30 ml (one whole ounce). He is now half way to a full-term newborns meal. I don't know how they will ever get him up to two ounces, the milk they give him now seems like so much compared to his little body. It's hard to believe that it all fits in his belly, but I've watched them do it so I know that it does.

Yesterday Doctor mentioned that his weight had gone up a lot, but I forgot to ask how much. Today I remembered to ask Nurse about that and she said that he is at 3 lbs, 11 oz. I guess that if he did go up yesterday he made sure to come back down, because this is about where his weight has been lately.

Lastly, if you look at today's picture and pay special attention to the arm he is holding up you may notice that something is missing. What could it be?... You guessed it, they removed his PICC line yesterday. We already knew they were going to do it, but they didn't pull it until after we left yesterday so today was our first time seeing it. Hunter is needle-free.

0 comments: