It was late last night and I was ready for bed, so here's more of "So Much News."
The hospital is planning what they call a "Care Conference" for Hunter. They invite Mommy and I, his primary nurses, doctor, and regular specialists for a meeting to discuss his future at the hospital. When I spoke with Doctor that was how he described it, leaving me wondering "What is the purpose of this?" I was getting concerned that maybe they wanted to gently break some bad news to us, or tell us that he's going to be in the hospital FOREVER!
Later on I called Nurse to get clarification of what it is. She says that it is something they always do when a baby has been in there to his due date (today) and isn't ready to go home. The reason they get everyone together is so everybody can present how they've treated him. We also get the opportunity to ask any questions and have everybody who works with him available to answer. It also gives them the opportunity to discuss how to treat him in the near future. I guess doctors are pretty busy and they don't usually have the chance to all discuss these things together.
Anyway, Nurse says she anticipates this to have a positive turnout. She's been caring for Hunter several days a week since he was born and knows him very well.
Thursday, March 13, 2008
So Much News pt. 2
Posted by Bobby at 6:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Hunter!! It sounds like you have been a busy boy playing with stones and everything. I'm suprised that the hospital allows rocks in the NICU:) I'm just kidding. I hope the doctors can figure out how to make you all better, you are always in our prayers! We love you! - Emily
Take lots of notes at the meeting we all want to know what great ideas they have to free Hunter. Everyone wants to see him. I might just have to take a trip to see him sometime soon
Post a Comment