Ever since Doctor decreased the number of calories in Hunter's meals his weight gain has slowed down.
He is still gaining weight, but it's been a bit slower. He spent a few days hovering around 8 pounds, then jumped up to 8 lbs, 5 oz and that's where he's been all weekend. His new doctor thinks he should be gaining weight better than that so they made a change to how they feed him. She put him on constant feedings so he always has formula coming in through that nose tube. At first they were doing 19 ml per hour which was a small increase in the amount of formula he was getting. Previously he was getting 55 ml per hour and this adds up to 57. Since then they've increased it to 20 ml per hour which gives him 60 ml (2 oz) per meal.
He's doing very well without CPAP. Last night his oxygen requirements and respiratory rates were both higher than usual. He was also very active last night though. I was helping him sit up and he was very happy to be looking around. After a while of playing he grabbed onto my hand and decided it was nap time.
He's scheduled for more routine tests this week. I don't even remember what they are, I do know that he is getting another kidney ultrasound to check on the stones. I'm eager to hear the results for that.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Constant Feedings
Posted by Bobby at 7:06 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I'm so glad to see an update of Hunter having good days!!
Post a Comment