Thursday, March 20, 2008

Care Conference

Today's the day. This afternoon we meet with Hunter's doctor and nurses for his care conference. I was starting to worry that it wouldn't happen in time - Hunter's brother and sister come back home tomorrow.

When Hunter first landed in the hospital, his doctor (Dr. Big Words, who we haven't seen in two months now) told us that the first few weeks would be exciting followed by days upon days of boring. Boy was he wrong. We've been fortunate enough to have a boring day here and there, and sometimes even several in a row. There have even been times that I've wondered What am I going to write about? But Hunter always manages to come through with something exciting to share with everyone.

Lately he had visits from an ear/nose/throat doctor and a pulmonologist to check up on his reflux and cloudy lungs. His reflux hasn't gone away, even without the bottle he is still managing to spit up. They are now making it even harder for him to have reflux. He had his reflux medication dosage increased and they moved the feeding tube past his stomach directly into his small intestine.

To save space, here's some other news:
He still has Chronic Lung Disease.
There is no planned time to do the urine test, that may change however.
He has one large stone in his right kidney, many small stones in his left.
I left my camera at home. :(

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

How did the care conference go? We need details! Did you take notes???