Sunday, March 9, 2008

Giant Baby!

After a couple days of Hunter's weight not changing he has has several days of huge changes. The last time I posted a few days ago he was 6 and a half pounds, but today he is up to seven pounds. They are working on letting him grow and he sure it taking the opportunity.

Doctor increased his meals over the weekend and he is now getting 50ml over one hour which is a pretty significant change for Hunter.

He is still breathing way too fast to get a bottle. Nurse says they won't even try giving him a bottle if he is breathing over 80 times per minute. He is regularly between 80 and 100 now, but when he's asleep on his belly he drops down to 60. Now we just have to figure out how to give him a bottle while he is asleep on his belly.

There is still no plan of when to start the bottle, I ask every time I talk to a nurse and I always get the same answer, "When he's ready." Today his nurse estimated that he'll probably be in there for another four weeks. Oddly enough, about a week ago another nurse said the same thing. We should all know by now though that the estimations don't mean much because everything can change over a day.

0 comments: