Hunter had his surgery today. The entire surgery took about 2 1/2 hours. During those 2 1/2 hours they poked five holes in Hunter's belly and inserted the G tube.
They also did a Nissen, which is where they wrap the top of the stomach around his esophagus to stop him from refluxing. The urologist was also there and he examined Hunter to see why they were having trouble cathetering him, and he inserted a catheter. He's had a very busy day.
While he was in surgery he was sedated and paralyzed, it was very strange seeing him come back unable to move. The paralytic wore off within an hour but until it wore off he was unable to anything, even breathe.
The picture is from right before his surgery, it looks like he knows something is going to happen. He's definitely not smiling any more.
I also have a picture of him post-surgery - if you want to see it click the link below. This picture was taken right afterwards while he was still paralyzed, he looks like a completely different boy.
Hunter Post-Surgery Picture
Friday, May 23, 2008
Surgery Day
Posted by Bobby at 7:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
He is such a brave little boy. I'm glad to hear he did well. He is an amazing baby!
Love,
Nanaldl
Wow! He had a very big day! I'm glad everything went well. He is so strong! He had alot of prayers and they worked! I cant wait until you guys get to bring him home! We love you all!
-The Linsky's
what a cutie!!! I hope we get to see more photos of him. He is absolutely adorable! How precious he is!!
Post a Comment