Friday, April 11, 2008

Progress

Hunter is doing so well. He is 9 lbs, 3 oz. He is definitely gaining weight and a good rate, usually 2 oz per day.

The doctors have been lowering his oxygen very fast, too. I don't even remember what he was at the last time I posted. He is currently at one liter and Doctor said he was going to try to lower it more today. I'd bet that they start slowing down how they lower his oxygen flow; when he was just over one liter he was at around 85% oxygen but once they lowered it to one liter they had to increase it to over 99%. Thats too many numbers.

Hunter is scheduled to get his swallow study on Monday. Mommy and I are very eager to hear the results from this test. The swallow study is going to be a very important part of determining when he is able to come home. His food has been pumped directly past his stomach for quite a while now, I don't think anybody has any clue how this will turn out.

3 comments:

Gretchen said...

Wow, it sounds like he is doing really good. I can't even imagine the little baby I saw being over 9lbs. He has really come a long way!

Gretchen said...

Jennifer just told me that we get to come see Hunter Tomorrow! I am so excited.

Emily said...

I'm so jealous! I want to see Hunter too. I love seeing his pictures, and it is amazing how much he has grown. He is a beautiful little man:)