Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Don't Know When Hunter's Coming Home

Today Hunter's doctor seemed a bit more negative than usual. He's concerned about Hunter's ability to do the swallow study on Monday. Doctor says that he doesn't seem very interested in his pacifier, and if he doesn't want to suck then they won't be able to do the swallow study. This concerns me because I'm thinking it may mean Hunter is developing an oral aversion. Oral aversion can happen when babies aren't fed through a bottle and they lose the desire to eat from a bottle. Maybe Hunter was just having a bad day though, because every time I give him his pacifier he seems to really enjoy it.

It sounded to me that they may delay his swallow study. Doctor wants the occupational therapists to spend some time with Hunter and determine whether or not he's ready for the test. We were looking forward to the test, especially if the results were good. I guess we'll be finding out soon about when the study will be - Monday isn't far off.

0 comments: