Hunter is going to have two surgeries. The first one is to tighten up the area between his stomach and his esophagus. The purpose for this is to help keep him from refluxing. Even though he isn't being fed into his stomach, they say that his reflux is so severe that he is refluxing stomach acid and still aspirating it into his lungs.
The second surgery is going to be the g tube. His doctors and nurses have all said that it's no big deal.
Right now his surgery is scheduled for May 14th. Doctor said that she will try to get it pushed a little bit sooner.
Friday, April 25, 2008
The New Plan
Posted by Bobby at 7:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I just want to give Hunter a big hug. He is such a strong baby. I'm glad the doctors have a plan. I hope both surgery's go perfectly. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know. I could even take a day off work to come watch the kids if you want to be with Hunter during his surgeries.
We quiet our minds, our hearts and souls and remain still within and pray for Hunter knowing that his surgery will be perfect. We know that God is working for his highest good and that the doctors' minds & hands involved in his surgeries return Hunter to the perfect condition that we know him to be and is--God's perfect child. Caitlin & Bobby...may God be with you and your family during these trying times. I love all of you and will continue to pray for Hunter each and every day. Love, Wendy in Phoenix.
Post a Comment