I thought the swallow study was supposed to be yesterday... I was wrong. It's today.
They had to schedule with a doctor who doesn't work at Hunter's hospital, but she's available to do the test this morning.
Hopefully by lunch time we'll at least have the results. I don't know when the doctor will have a plan for the rest of his time there.
Night Nurse was explaining what they are going to do with the test. They are going to give him formula with (Barium maybe?) that will show up on some sort of X-ray machine. Then they'll be able to see where the formula goes while he's eating. They will try feeding him normal formula, and then thicken it to a honey thickness and see how he handles both.
Night Nurse said that in the last test he failed with normal formula but didn't do as bad with the honey formula. Because of that, she warned me that he may fail his normal formula again, but she expects him to do better on the thick formula.
Oh, and he's ten pounds now. Four-times his birth weight - Wow! His official weight last night was 10 lbs, 2 oz.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Okay, Swallow Study is Today
Posted by Bobby at 7:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love the picture. Hunter is so adorable! I am anxious to hear the results of todays test. I wish Hunter luck.
Yes, we are excited too about the test. I hope he does great - we will be praying for him!
Post a Comment