Thursday, February 28, 2008

Waiting for Tomorrow

I don't have anything new to report today. We're all just waiting somewhat patiently for tomorrow. In case anybody missed it, tomorrow is the big day that they will try to take him off of CPAP again.

It sounds like they are NOT going to go back to their plan of leaving his oxygen at 100%. Right now he is around 30% and Doctor said that when they take him off CPAP it will likely go up. But he didn't say 100%, so we'll find out what that means tomorrow when they actually do it.

He is scheduled for a swallow test on Monday to determine if he is coordinated enough to eat regular formula. Doctor did say however that if he is acting like he is ready for a bottle they may try to give him one before then anyway.

We're all very eager for him to come home. At the same time though, home is so dangerous. While he is in the hospital he is generally safe from germs and toddler siblings. Once he comes home everything is going to be out to get him. Gavin has a cough that he just can't seem to shake, its been coming and going for at least a month. I know Mommy would be very nervous to have a coughing Gavin anywhere near Hunter. We're working extra-hard to make sure everyone is healthy for whenever they decide to let Hunter go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys: I know you're both frustrated and anxious for Hunter to be at home, where he belongs, but please be patient. Hunter will be at home with you for a long time, once he comes home, it's going to be tough on all of you. Not that you won't be thrilled to have him, but trying to take care of a preemie and two other kids is not easy. Let the nurses & docs take care of him now, the stronger & bigger he gets, the easier it's going to be for you when he gets home. Sorry to preach, but I've been there and I just wanted to share my experience with you. On a lighter note, he looks wonderful, chunky and healthy. I'll be praying that he stays off CPAP this time. I'll look forward to tonights post to see if it was successful! Know of my love & prayers from NJ. Hugs & Kisses to all, Cathy from NJ

Anonymous said...

We will all be praying that he successfully is able to come off of CPAP today. He looks so good and has gained weight so rapidly lately. One day at a time and I promise he will be home soon. He'll let everyone know when the time is right. Remember, things don't happen when we want them too (oh but I wish they did)...they happen when God wants them too.

Keep the faith kids, we're all out here pulling for all of you.

Love you much!
Mom (Mary Ann)