Thursday, February 21, 2008

He's Trying So Hard

Since they found out yesterday that Hunter has reflux they know how to treat him. The plan was to start him on his medication and remove CPAP at least 24 hours later. I guess they got a little eager, or maybe just wanted to do it while the doctors were all there, but they took CPAP off earlier today (hooray!).

Fast forward a little while and Hunter start breathing very heavy. Doctor decides that this is no good so guess what - Hunter goes back on CPAP. This is his fourth time on CPAP, and his oxygen requirements have been fluctuating between 60% and 30%. He's had a pretty rough day, because of this he has lost a little bit of weight (only 15 grams) and his O2 requirements are a little high.

They don't have any plans of trying to take him off of CPAP again yet, I bet he won't be on it very long though. I have a feeling that once the medicine kicks in and his lungs clear up more he will be done. It's a bummer that he had to come back to CPAP again, but I kind of expected it. We were pretty surprised to hear that they took it off so soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We'll all keep praying that the next time they remove the little guy from CPAP, he tolerates it much better. I'm sure it is just a matter of time before he is completely ready. This has been a long journey for him and he has done so well! Soon he will be home.

Love you all,
Mom (Mary Ann)

Anonymous said...

Hunter is such an incredible trouper. I wish him only the best in health always and in all ways. My heart goes out to both of you. Love, Wendy in AZ