Monday, June 23, 2008

Hunter Update

Hunter has been doing great lately. He is growing up just like a little boy should.

His G tube has been healing well and he is able to spend a lot more time on his belly. He really enjoys spending time on his belly, he can nearly roll from his back to his front. The only problem is that he has some trouble convincing one of his arms to cooperate. He'll end up laying on his arm and can't quite pull it free yet. He pulls his feet up and it looks like he is practicing his crawl.

Until his 6-week checkup he is supposed to have his G tube open all the time. The problem with this is that it's a short, 12 inch leash that he is stuck to. Now that he is rolling and squirming it's very hard to do that with only a foot of wiggle room. After his checkup we should be able to take the tube out shortly after he eats and only put it back in when it's time to eat again.

5 comments:

Gretchen said...

I think he has Gavin's eyes! He is so adorable. I am glad to hear he is doing so well.

Anonymous said...

He sure is a handsome lil guy! We are all so happy that he is doing so well at home. He's a very blessed lil boy to have such a wonderful family!

Love you,
Mom (Nana)

Emily said...

He seems to grow and grow with each picture I see, and also seem more alert! I'm going to be close to Indy the weekend of the 12th. Would it be ok if I stopped in?? I'm so excited for you all and all of Hunter's progress :) Love y'a

Bobby said...

That would be great, Emily. Hunter would love that!

Bobby said...

... and the rest of us would too :)